10 Facts About Me

This post is a reply to Stephanie Tania and Celina, who tagged me on their posts.

First of all I would like to thank you for that, I feel so honored. I was thinking this whole week about what to write the 10 facts about me. HeHe. So this what I came up with.

  1. I am a female developer. (I am proud about that!!)

  2. I am a ZOMBIE-fan. I watch everything that is related to zombies; all the sequels of Resident Evil, all other zombie movies (Serious ones and funny ones too). I am a big fan of The Walking Dead Series!! I am waiting for Season 5 to resume.

  3. I have 2 siblings; one sister and one brother. My sister is Simran and little brother Diwas. My sister is the one who proof reads my writings, and corrects them hehe, she is 7 years younger than me. My little brother encourages me to do things that I really want to do but am really scared, he is 8 years younger than me.

  4. I work a full time job, and do some part time freelancing. This makes my schedule a little to hectic, I feel like I dont have time for myself.

  5. If somehow I have some time for myself I like strumming my guitar. Though I am just a beginner the sound of the strings of my guitar soothes me.

  6. I listen to almost all kinds of music, mostly because it depends on my mood. I grew up listening o Linkin Park, and I love their songs(almost everyone of them). Other songs that I like are; All I want is - Kodaline, Lazarus - Porcupine Tree, U2 with or without you - cover by Boyce Avenue.

  7. I like reading books, but the most I've read are of Paulo Choelho, I think Alchemist was really motivating.

  8. I like watching Series, I have watched all 10 seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.,and many other VAmpire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Arrow, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and so many more.

  9. I like collecting quotes from the books I've read. So that I can always look back and remember the things that I've learned.

  10. I tend to over think and ruin most of the things. I want to grow myself in every way possible and I am pushing myself really hard.


I want to accomplish many more things in life. I keep on working maybe the steps seem really small, but I'll get there some day. These are the facts that I came up with.

[caption id="attachment_54" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Celebrating Bhai Tika Tihar Festival My mom in the back. From the left; me, my sister and my brother.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_55" align="aligncenter" width="300"]IMG_0011 My little brother and sister in the fog. :D[/caption]

Comments

  1. So cool that you are a female developer. Do you have any advice for someone like me who is just starting out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shweta,

    Your have a beautiful family~ Sometimes I wish I had a brother since it's mostly girls in my family (60% of us are girls). And your sister must be a pro at editing!

    I'm glad you take pride in being a developer :) What do you enjoy most about your job?

    I don't know too much about zombie stuff, but I really enjoyed watching World War Z. Have you seen that movie yet? I thought it was cool how they actually filmed parts of it near where I live!

    I am totally with you on #8. Netflix is my best friend haha

    Regarding future accomplishments, I hope that you reach them... and I know you will because small steps lead towards something bigger :)

    Thank you so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Wonderful; madam Shweta Shrestha; to know many more things about the beautiful brain behind "High Hope".
    Previously I was impressed with your blog and writing style but now you have given me few more reason to be impressed with you; Some of them " Your family values", Second; your love of reading and what a co-incident both of us love the wonderful work of "Paulo Coelho" & last but not least; love & affection towards collecting quotes.
    To; SHWETA SHRESHTA:
    YESTERDAY; I NOMINATED FOR "Very Inspiring Blogger Award"; STILL; I HAVE NOT DECIDED TO ACCEPT IT OR NOT; BUT IN CASE; IF I ACCEPT AND MAKE YOU ONE NOMINEES OF THAT AWARD? WILL YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION???????????
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW; HERE ONLY; FOR YOUR REFERENCE; PLEASE STUDY THE LINK;
    https://iamyourtwilightstar.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/its-an-award-shower-folks/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stephanie
    Thank you for nominating me!!
    Yes I have watched World War Z, it was fun. If I may ask which part of the movie are you referring to?? I searched your blog but I couldn't find where you are from!!
    About my job, I am an Associate Software Engineer. Though most of the time I am in my computer coding, I love it when I am able to solve those stubborn problems that seem to be hiding somewhere in my codes.
    Tell me something about where you live?? How do spend your days??

    Regards,
    Shweta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Swajith. I am honored that you want to nominate me!! But I have to acomplish so much more!! Of course I would love to be nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sounja, you should not give up when you are stuck. Hard work and perseverance will take you a long way.
    For the commands that you made a poem about, practice them, I mean use those commands over and over again then you will be used to them!! hehe If you have any other questions feel free to ask me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the advice. I get stuck a lot (lol) but I am trying not to give up. Do you use a unix, linux or windows computer? It seems like a lot of developers us mac/unix computers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I will let you know; sooner or letter; please wait for further instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm referring to the beginning of the movie when the zombie attacks began happening. I currently live in Philadelphia and they were filming in Center City :)

    When I am not in class, at home, or working I'm usually walking around center city or doing homework at a coffeeshop~

    How about you? What is Kathmandu like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the times I use linux. But i sometimes use windows as well. Ya, most of my freens use either mac or linux. What do u use??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm using a mac computer. I used to use PCs, but I switched over to Apple about 5 years ago and I like them better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :D thats great!! Personally I havent used mac so I really dont know much about them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that must be great living where the movie starts!! hehe
    I like spend my time in Kathmandu Durbar Square it has some nice views.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu_Durbar_Square
    I like cooking too but havent really explored that area. I can make dishes that is famous in our culture, not much of international stuffs!! I will try some from your site!! :D
    I have this major deadline this week, I will tell you when try out your recipes!
    What is your job like??

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Durbar Square looks stunning. It's really nice to finally see a place without high rises or anything city-like~ I love that it has that 'old world' feel to it. I wish I can be there! What is your favorite place in the Square?

    Ooh tell me what your culture is like and the famous dishes you mentioned :)

    I work at my University in the Business Services office in customer relations (mostly answer phone calls, interact with clients, process forms, some data entry, etc). How about you? :)

    By the way, THANK YOU for subscribing to my youtube channel! My first video kind of sucked because I didn't have proper equipment, so hopefully I'll be able to improve haha

    Good luck meeting the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, favorite place?? There are many cafes and restaurants there, but I love to sit at top of one of the temples (they have really high stairs), and look down at people walking going about their lives.
    There are so many things to tell about my culture! I will write a post about it, when festivals come around. About the famous foods; MoMo, they are dumplings stuffed with chicken or any other meet, there are many more!!
    My work is related to US health care analysis, I am a developer and have to code all the time. hehe
    You are welcome. I was watching the little boy's hop dance ;) He is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked up MoMo on Google and they look delicious! Also similar to dim sum dumplings haha.
    Your job sounds really cool. I really, really want to learn how to code..which language is the simplest to learn?

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha, ya I've seen dim sum dumplings in movies. What is it like?? What stuffing do they have??
    Simplest code to learn would be QBasic or C language. We started with them, they are simple ones and build the basics for coding.
    BTW how are you?? Congrats for passing on the tests. I opened instagram account and am following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They have all kinds of stuffing i.e. pork, beef, chicken, shrimp, or a mix :) http://abroadable.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Abroadable-Eats-Dim-Sum-Shirmp-Dumpling.jpg
    I'm a little bit stressed out at the moment because I still have more exams and a big paper that I have to finish. I can't wait til they're over!!
    How about you? How is your work doing??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shweta, you have a wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts